StyleSheets StyleSheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38762] StyleSheets StyleSheets
  • From: "Jonathan Mann" <mtheory at msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:40:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Boy, being out of the loop over the past few months due to some topology
courses has really set me behind with my Mathematica knowledge.  Forgive
me please if I'm asking things I used to know.

The illustrious David park created a set of packages that I really like
called Tensorial.  Well, in particular, I really like the style sheet he
used so much that I started to monkey around with it to tweak it and get
all of my notebooks to have just the right color and font scheme
(Nirvana).

The problem I'm having is this.   I had originally opened a new
notebook, went to format/style sheets then selected david's tensorial
style sheet.  Then I went back to format/style sheet/ import a private
copy of the style sheet and began making these changes.  I then saved
the style sheet under the new name My Style Sheet.  I then deleted
davids tensorial style sheet.

At first whenever I selected my style sheet for a new notebook both the
new notebook would convert to the new style AND a copy of the style
sheet kept popping up along with it.  I finally got that to stop, but
now whenever I open  a new notebook and then goto format/style sheets/
my style sheet I get an error message that "Tensorial style sheet could
not be found, the default style sheet will be used instead."  But even
though it says this, I am still getting the style sheet that I created
will all the pretty changes.  And no, my default plain style sheet seems
to be just fine, I don't know why it says it is using the default style
sheet instead.

How can I make My Style sheet a permanent new resident of my style sheet
list without having mathematica go out and search for the original
tensorial style sheet first?

BTW, the My Style Sheet is currently in the correct location in the
system files/front end/style sheets folder and the tensorial style sheet
is not.

Thank you very much all of you,

Cheers,

Jonathan Mann