Mathlink Visual Basic Question. How to determine if Kernel is already running.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39006] Mathlink Visual Basic Question. How to determine if Kernel is already running.
  • From: "Daniel Heneghan" <dhenegha at bway.net>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 05:06:00 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

How does one determine whether an instance of the Mathematica Kernal is
running via Mathlink , or even Visual Basic. I only want to keep one
instance of the Kernel running. If the Kernel is already running I wish to
connect to this instance not start up a new instance. All I can think of is
keep the MLINK variable as a global and check that it does not equal zero.

If an instance of the Kernel is already running what is the MathLink command
that will connect to this.

Thanks for all the help.

--
Daniel Heneghan