Re: Maximizing the BasicInput.nb palette

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39071] Re: [mg39065] Maximizing the BasicInput.nb palette
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <selwynh at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 18:44:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Diana,

A major improvement to the palette is to set these options:

    WindowElements->"MagnificationPopUp"
   WindowFrameElements->{"CloseBox", "ZoomBox"}

You can do this with a text editor or with the Options Inspector. If
you do it with a text editor, delete the cache ID line (as instructed
in the comments at the top).

To use the Options Inspector, it's easiest if you close all notebooks
and other palettes first. Open the Options Inspector, and then click on
the title bar of the palette. The title bar of the Options Inspector
should then read "Options for BasicInput.nb". Now select Show Option
Values for notebook.

Then under Notebook Options > File Options, set Editable -> True. Next,
under Notebook Options > Window Properties, choose the desired values
for WindowElements and WindowFrameElements.

Finally, go back and to Notebook Options > File Options, and set
Editable -> False.

Et voila!

----
Selwyn Hollis