Re: Problem :mathematica building help browser index

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39894] Re: Problem :mathematica building help browser index
  • From: Bernhard <bernhard_kubicek at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 18:40:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
i have the exactly same problem.
i tried re-rename my admin-accoutn back to "Administrator", since i
changed it once to my real name. no effect...
I have Win2k, 512MB ram, 8 gb free disk space,
sp3!
Nvida geforce mx 440, and athlon xp 2000+
soundblaster live value, asus a7m266.
realtek network card, 10 mbit

i had mathematica 4.1 installed, deinstalled, installed 4.2
it crashed saying it coulnd create start menu entry.
i didnt care, and made one myself, to problem....

there seem to be quite a few people out there who have this problem.:

a guy posted something in year 2002 already..
found it on them mathgroup forums on wolfram page
aswell in this forum: by Eri 08.02.2003

so somebody, please solve it!!!!
maybe people who have the same prob, please give their hardware/software
description, maybe it only occures on athlon or something??

So lets find out!!
cause i really enjoy the faster File Import, that's a great thing!!

Bernhard