RE: GraphicsArray question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39933] RE: [mg39903] GraphicsArray question
  • From: David.Annetts at csiro.au
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:29:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Roland,

> I'm having some trouble with getting GraphicsArray[] to do
> what I want.
> I have some plots that are not quadratic, which I would like to align
> against each other.
> For example, consider two Graphics objects with equal width
> but unequal
> height.
> Can I align them on top of each other without forcing them to
> be quadratic
> (as
> GraphicsArray[] does, which produces a lot of whitespace for
> "thin" objects)
> ?

You might try applying AspectRatio to the appropriate plot before putting it
into the GraphicsArray ....

You have some control over whitespace with the GraphicSpacing arguement to
GraphicsArray.

An alternate method might not be to use GraphicsArray at all.  Rather, plot
one data set against a right-handed axis, another set against a left-handed
axis and superimpose the two plots.  The procedure for doing this is in the
FAQ on WRI's site.

Regards,

Dave.