Re: GraphicsArray question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39998] Re: GraphicsArray question
  • From: "Roland Nilsson" <rolle at ifm.liu.se>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:45:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Hi,
>
> use
>
> Graphics[
>   {Rectangle[{x1,y1},{x2,y2},YourFirstGraphics],
>    Rectangle[{q1,r1},{q2,r2},YourSecondGraphics]}
>  ]
>
> to control the position and the aspect ratio.

Hm, I can't get that to work either. The general trouble seems to be that
AspectRatio will not kick in unless I Show[] things, so small aspectratios
will render small figures with lots of space using the above.

It seesm to me there is no way of saying that a Graphics object should have
such-and-such proportions - everything is controlled at plotting time. Is
this the case?

It's possible to "cheat" with DisplayTogether, however, that only gives me
separate plots that happen to be under each other (and doesn't seem to solve
the problem with aligning things side-by-side).

Thanks for you efforts anyway, I'll continue looking into this...

/Roland