Re: A FullSimplify Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41070] Re: A FullSimplify Problem
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at snafu.de>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 04:57:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry, but my version 4.0 gives your simple answer immediately without
any Simplify-ing. But also applying Simplify, and FullSimplify have no
negative effect.

These statements are of no help for you, of course. So perhaps these
are: Check, if your output is complex (i.e. contains a non zero
imaginary part). This might happen because the integrand has a branch
cut singularity. You might be interested in the thread "Simplification
of definite integral" which I initiated in this forum to find out more
about Integrate.

Regards,
Wolfgang