matrix construction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41306] matrix construction
  • From: S White <susanlcw at aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

  Hi all,

  I am trying to construct an n x k matrix in the following way:

  I have k distinct sets, call them S1, S2, ... , Sk, each with n
elements.  I would like for column 1 to consist of elements which are
a random permutation of the elements of S1, column 2 a permutation of
S2, ..., column k a permutation of elements of Sk.

  I would be very grateful for any ideas.

  Thank you,
  Susan
  susanlcw at aol.com