RE: info about fonts in eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41635] RE: [mg41611] info about fonts in eps
  • From: David Turner <dturner at faulkner.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:14:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mirko,

I create the graphic in Mathematica using LaTeX fonts such as cmr12 or
cmmi10 and then use Mathematica to export the eps. I open the eps in Adobe
Illustrator and from the type menu, I select find font.  I then replace the
incorrect fonts in the eps with the fonts I want by using the system (not
document) option.  I then choose save as from the file menu and select the
name and file location.  I am then presented with an eps format options
window.  I set preview format to none, I DO NOT CHECK include document
thumbnails, I CHECK include document fonts, and I CHECK CMYK postscript.
Then click OK.  I also usually use Adobe Photoshop to trim any excess white
space from the corrected eps (save again) and obtain the image size for
LaTeX.

David