Re: info about fonts in eps

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41642] Re: info about fonts in eps
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:14:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) you can install the wolfram.map file from
   $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf/dvips/wolram.map
  and add the map file to dvips' postscript mapping.
  You should also add the type 1 PostScript fonts to the
  font-search locations of dvips. The best is to add the full
  $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf
  to the TeX MF roots.
  make sure, that the map file refer to the correct font type
  (i.e. *.pfa if you have ASCII fonts or *.pfb if you have binary fonts)
b) you can add the fonts to dvips via -h option to force dvips to
   prepend the special fonts to the output PostScript file
c) you can use Paul Hintons tool to add the PostScript fonts
   to the EPS file
d) you can upgrade to Mathematica 4.2.1, it automatical include
   the PostScript fonts

Regards
  Jens