Re: Mathematica Keyboard Input

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41675] Re: [mg41605] Mathematica Keyboard Input
  • From: "Marko Vojinovic" <vojinovi at panet.co.yu>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 03:56:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Hi,
>
> I am running Mathematica on a Linux (SuSe 8.2) machine. Several special
> keys (e.g. backspace and delete) do not work normal but cause a glyph
> resembling a small rectangle to be shown instead. Upon startup
> mathematica complains about fonts not having been properly installed. I
> have not experienced problems of that kind with any other programme.
>
> Can anyone provide some helpful hints?
>
> Thanks!
> Eustachius

I saw you have been given various answers about the missing fonts, but what
I think you need to do is to TURN OFF the "num-lock" key. Then both the
keyboard and the mouse pointer will work as expected. I do so every time I
use Mathematica under Linux, and I think it has nothing to do with the
missing fonts because on my system those fonts are still missing :-)), while
the "small rectangle" does not appear.

The same question already appeared before on this list, by the way...

Best regards,
                               Marko
Murphys computer law: 25. Any given program, when running, is obsolete.