Re: what's the largest system solvable in mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43966] Re: what's the largest system solvable in mathematica?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 04:16:00 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

may be the compexity of the right hand side is more important.
Parallel initial value solvers do not fit into the master-worker model
of the "Parallel Computing Toolkit" and are only usefull for stiff
equations.

But Mathematica use the method of lines for partial differential
equations
and if you don't care about the simple right hand side,
lets say 256 ^3 should work.

Regards
  Jens