NotebookML & css

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44074] NotebookML & css
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm not sure what to expect with the NotebookML & css functionality of
Mathematica 5.0.  After some experimentation I found the style sheets in
the Mathematica directory seem to all be written to apply styles using
class selectors.  I don't understand what the reasoning is here.  I simply
wish to export a Mathematica notebook as NotebookML, have it available on
the net for viewing through web browsers, or downloading to be used as
notebooks.  I started modifying copies of the css from the Mathematica
install and saw the styles were being applied to the NotebookML files when
I removed the '.' before each style definition.

The doesn't seem like what wri intended.  Can someone advise me as to what
*is* intended?
--
"Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book
cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language...