Options for my own Packages?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg44212] Options for my own Packages?
- From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at globalsymmetry.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 05:53:19 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Can I create and use options in my own packages? I've seen comments in the help documentation that say "built-in functions" have options. Here's an example of what I want. I created a class called curveGrid, which has data and methods for generating a coordinate grid defined by a mapping function passed to the constructor. I would like to be able to set an option that changed the default color of all instances of this class. Is there a way to accomplish this so that I can do something like SetOptions[curveGrid,name->value, name2->value2...]? -- "Philosophy is written in this grand book, The Universe. ... But the book cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language... in which it is written. It is written in the language of mathematics, ...; without which wanders about in a dark labyrinth." The Lion of Gaul