Re: Mathematica refuses to evaluate?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43398] Re: Mathematica refuses to evaluate?
- From: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at comcast.net>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:35:48 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Please check to ensure that you have not previously assigned values to your variables, if you are using them. That could cause unintended consequences if you have. Steven Shippee shippee at jcs.mil "Jonathan Greenberg" <greenberg at ucdavis.edu> wrote in message news:bihp3s$b47$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I'm getting an odd problem under both Mathematica 4.1 and 5.0 -- sometimes, > and it seems pretty random, when I go to evaluate a notebook cell, > Mathematica will just "refuse" to evaluate it. There will be no output, no > error message, nothing -- shift-enter and zero response. Not even the first > line of that particular section gets evaluated (even if its something as > simple as Print["Please work"]; > > As I said, this behavior is pretty random, and reboots, restarts of > Mathematica, etc do not seem to take care of it. Any suggestions? > > --j >