Re: Mathematica refuses to evaluate?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43388] Re: Mathematica refuses to evaluate?
- From: Yves Klett <yk at despammed.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 04:35:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Comp.Center (RUS), U of Stuttgart, FRG
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jonathan Greenberg schrieb: > I'm getting an odd problem under both Mathematica 4.1 and 5.0 -- sometimes, > and it seems pretty random, when I go to evaluate a notebook cell, > Mathematica will just "refuse" to evaluate it. There will be no output, no > error message, nothing -- shift-enter and zero response. Not even the first > line of that particular section gets evaluated (even if its something as > simple as Print["Please work"]; > > As I said, this behavior is pretty random, and reboots, restarts of > Mathematica, etc do not seem to take care of it. Any suggestions? > > --j > Hi, I don´t know if this is relevant to this problem, but if you kill the kernel from outside (not via the frontend) then the frontend does not seem to notice the kernel has been killed. The first evaluation (Shift-Enter) does not take place in this case. At the second attempt the kernel is reloaded all right though. This is on W2K, Mathematica 4.2.1, anyway... Yves