Mapping Write

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43449] Mapping Write
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:59:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

[This NG seems to have gone on an extended summer vacation, on my server
anyway, just as I started a big project that's been stimulating lots of
queries.  Hope it's having a good time, and will be back soon.]

I can successfully Map OpenWrite onto a list of file names, and also Map
Close onto a list of streams; in particular

    Map[Close, Rest[ Rest[ Streams[] ] ] ]

seems to be a good way to close all open streams except the two standard
ones (though maybe it's risky to assume there are always just two such
standard streams?).

Is there a way to use Map to Write a list of variable values to a
matching list of files, e.g., something like

    Map[ Write, {x,y,z}, {"xFile","yFile","zFile"} ]