Re: 14MB image very quickly exhausts 512MB RAM.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg43517] Re: 14MB image very quickly exhausts 512MB RAM.
- From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 05:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 9/17/03 at 7:59 AM, Vincent.Virgilio at itt.com (Virgilio, Vincent) wrote: > I cannot get Mathematica 5.0 (Windows NT, 512MB RAM) to efficiently manipulate a > 14MB data set, which is a 2D image in a single file. <snip> > But perhaps I am misapplying Mathematica. I have seen a reference in somewhere > in Mathematica documentation which refers to 400kb files as 'large'. FWIW, Mathmatica can handle large data sets. I have routinely used Mathematica to process data sets as large as 40-60MB in a single file. I think the largest data set I've asked Mathematica to handle was ~170MB. Howerver, I am not using Mathematica on a machine running Windows. And I am running it on a machine with 1GB of RAM installed.