Conjugate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43539] Conjugate
  • From: "Jason Sidabras" <jsidabra at mcw.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 03:42:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I am currently running into a small hang-up that I was hoping someone would
be able to help me with. It concerned the Conjugate function.

Mathematica knows that Conjugate[Sin[x]] is Sin[Conjugate[x]]. That works
fine. But in my case I would like to do Conjugate[Bessel[1,x]] to equal
Bessel[1,Conjugate[x]].

Is there a way to allow Conjugate to 'penetrate' into the Bessel function? I
am doing complex integrals with Bessel functions and it would greatly reduce
the programming time for this to work.

thanks in advance

Jason