Re: Programming style

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47604] Re: [mg47597] Programming style
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:15:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would say it greatly depends what sort of programming you are
intending to do. If it is to do with any kind of algebra than
functional programming (prefarably with pattern matching a la
Mathematica) is, in my opinion,  not just the best way but the only
way.
For other things, e. g. numerics, it does not seem to matter that  much.

Andrzej Kozlowski