GUIKit: user defined properties?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50139] GUIKit: user defined properties?
  • From: Andrew Dabrowski <dabrowsa at indiana.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:01:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I've just downloaded the new GUIKit and I'm trying to convert some palettes in
my old programs into the new GUIKit windows.

Palette buttons have a data field which is useful when the buttons represent
different numerical values.  Is there a way to capture this feature with GUIKit?
Is there a way to define a custom property for a widget?

I've tried using Script to define a constant function, i.e.

Widget["Button",{"text"->Script[buttonData[] ],Script[buttonData[]:="A"] } ],

but this prints "GUIKit`Private`Script31buttonData" in the button instead of "A".

The available documentation on the use of Script within Widget doesn't seem to
be complete.  Any suggestions?

--
Andrew Dabrowski    |...it is a ghost's right / his element is so fine / being
Bloomington IN USA  |sharpened by his death / to drink from the wine breath /