FindMinimum and the minimum-radius circle (2)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50145] FindMinimum and the minimum-radius circle (2)
  • From: Thomas E Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 05:01:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

(See thread "Smalest enclosing circle".)

I'd better correct my sloppy reference to a "triangle" in the last
post. The contour of radius r surrounding the solution governed by 3
points is a 3-sided closed curve consisting of arcs of radius r, a
generalization of the Reuleaux triangle where the generating triangle,
that connecting the three points, is not regular.

Tom Burton