Question: weight matrices and MonomialOrder for GroebnerBasis

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50358] Question: weight matrices and MonomialOrder for GroebnerBasis
  • From: Robert Knighten <Robert at Knighten.org>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:54:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

An option for specifying the MonomialOrder in GroebnerBasis is to provide an
explicit weight matrix.  But I do not understand the syntax for doing this.
Are there examples of this available.  In addition I would like to see a
weight matrix for some of the standard monomial orderings.

Thank you for any help.

-- Bob
--
Robert L. Knighten