Re: Re: Re: Publicon problems converting sample document to LaTeX

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50352] Re: [mg50338] Re: Re: Publicon problems converting sample document to LaTeX
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 03:53:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

That's VERY helpful.  And it points out several deviciencies in the
first non-beta release of Publicon:

  - inadequate documentation

  - no Palettes command on the File menu

  - applying a style sheet from the Format command does NOT open
    the corresponding palette.

So in 1.0, and without hacking, we would seem to be left with knowing
ahead of time the ultimate destination of a Publicon-created notebook
intended for export -- to LaTeX, etc. -- and jumping through the hoop of
first creating a New notebook of that kind (to bring up the appropriate
palette), then opening (or creating) the actual Publicon notebook we are
interested in exporting eventually.

This design (?) does not seem too clearly thought out!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu