Re: File association in 5.01

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53006] Re: File association in 5.01
  • From: "Steven Shippee" <slshippee at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:15:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You could try a reinstallation of Mathematica, which should clear it up, or
in the alternative you could create a file association for a file type that
is not associated with a program in your computer by:

To create file association:
  1.. Right-click a file with the extension that you want to change, and
then click Open, or double-click the file.
  2.. Windows XP displays a dialog box that indicates that no program is
associated with this file. The dialog box offers two choices for creating an
association:
    a.. Use the Web service to find the appropriate program
    b.. Select the program from a list
  Unless you want to find and download software that opens this file type,
the best choice is to select the program from a list.

  3.. Windows displays a dialog box that displays programs that are
installed on the computer. If the program that you want to use for this file
type is not listed, click Browse to locate the appropriate software. Select
the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box.
Steven Shippee
slshippee at comcast.net

news:cq0uoc$2t2$1 at smc.vnet.net...