Re: Nasty bug in Integrate (version 5.0)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45998] Re: Nasty bug in Integrate (version 5.0)
  • From: bobhanlon at aol.com (Bob Hanlon)
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 05:20:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Listing the available documentation is straightforward.  For example, execute
this in a cell:

Options[Trace]
Information[Evaluate[#[[1]]]] & /@ %;

Bob Hanlon

In article <bvhq1p$8e5$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold
Noffke) wrote:

<< I am impressed with your pointer to TraceInternal, but can find no
reference to it in Mathematica 5.0 online docs.

> If you really want to see how much checking Mathematica attempts to do
> just evaluate:
>
> Trace[Integrate[1/x + x^c, {x, a, b}], TraceInternal->True]
>
> and be prepared to wait and obtain a huge output.

I checked comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica and found that TraceInternal
is undocumented.  This suggests other undocumented Mathematica options
might be discovered by using Options[Built-In-Function-Name].  You
would have to sift through all the Built-Ins to identify all the
undocumented options.

Has anyone in MathGroup found any other undocumented options?