output in NMinimize on each step?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46242] output in NMinimize on each step?
  • From: mfific <mfific at indiana.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:16:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would appreciate suggestion how to get an output on each step during
minimization process in NMinimize.

I am surprised  this has not been included as an option in Nminimize,
because it is very useful to see what is Mathematica doing.

The solution for getting an output could  be found for FindMinimum, but
somehow I cannot use that in NMinimize.
An example would be very helpful.

thanks,

Mario Fific