Re: queation exporting quaternions from mathematica 5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46360] Re: queation exporting quaternions from mathematica 5
  • From: bcd <bcdetterich at socal.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:00:04 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A PS to this thread which may actually be a question ...

Just today I had occasion to read a .dxf file into Mathematica, looking for
a way to display it (a template for a kitchen sink from Kohler, if you must
know :-).

I received an error that there was no Z-dimension.  This should not have
surprised me, as on-line help indicated that the result of Import-ing the
file would be a 3DGraphicObject.

Still, it seemed to be a bit odd that Mathematica gave up so easily on a
simple 2D figure (rectangle with rounded corners).  Is there perhaps some
simple rationale for this?

I also noticed that a lot of graphic conversion programs are dropping .dxf
(and I assume also .dwg/f) formats from their inventory.

-Bruce