Re: queation exporting quaternions from mathematica 5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46404] Re: queation exporting quaternions from mathematica 5
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:43:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the DXF import is for 3d files not for 2d files.

If you would like to import a 2d vector graphics
I recommend PostScript and pstoedit that hat a Mathematica
mode ..

I don't know what graphics conversion programs do you are
using but atleast my 3d modellers have all a continued
DXF import/export.

DXF is not very powerfull for 3d files because it only
export the naked polygons and not texture coordinates,
normals or userdefined colors (different form the plotter
pen colors). The second draw back of DXF files is that the
format is not very compact and even small models generate
very large DXF files.

Regards
  Jens