Re: Limits

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46570] Re: [mg46475] Limits
  • From: Albert Franco <francoatnsuok at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:33:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ronnie.  I'm new to Mathematica, so I'm going through all of the
messages for the past week to learn what I can from experienced people.
I tried your problem just to see what I could see.

When input a certain way, it returned an answer of Infinity!  (The sign
for infinity, actually.)  I tried to input the following line exactly as
it is below.  It simply returned the same thing--as you said.

Limit[e^x/x^3, x->Infinity]

BUT, instead of typing it out the way I had to in this text message, I
used the template (that has Pi, e, Sqrt symbols, etc on it) to input
e^x.  When I did this, it returned the correct answer of Infinity.

Albert Franco