Re: need favor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46605] Re: need favor
  • From: "Timothy C. Klein" <teece at silverklein.net>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:06:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

paul john wrote:

> Hello
> I want help about Mathematica in the sense that I need a good book about
> the mathematica programming of difference approximation of partial
> differential equations. If any of the group member know about a book
> directly related to my study area,let me know please.I shall be thank full
> . Sincerely Paul

I have a copy of _Physics by Computer_ by W. Kinzel and G. Reents (from
Springer) that has a bit on PDEs (rather specific), solving some problems
in Mathematica, and some in C.

I also have of copy of _Numerical Methods for Physics_ by A. Garcia (from
Prentice Hall) that uses C++ and another system, but which is much more thorough
for solving PDEs numerically.  The ideas, while not in the Mathematica
language, are pretty easy to translate.

I don't have vast experience in the field, so I don't how well these two
compare, but they would get you started if you could find them at the
library.

Tim
==  Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp    ==
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings... ==