RE: Re: Mathematica exports curves in pieces to Illustrator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45383] RE: [mg45378] Re: [mg45359] Mathematica exports curves in pieces to Illustrator
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 03:50:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yas,

I have often wondered about programs that would take Mathematica plot output
and allow improvements to be made on the plots. What programs are available,
what will they do for you and roughly how much do they cost? How well do
they work with 3D graphics? Are they worth it?

One of the things I don't like about Mathematica 3D graphics is the poor
rendering. There are often extra lines and spots that shouldn't appear in
the graphics. Do programs like Illustrator solve these problems? When I look
at some of the sample 3D plots on the WRI web site, they look as if they had
been run through an auxiliary program.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Yasvir Tesiram [mailto:tesiramy at omrf.ouhsc.edu]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,
I usually Ungroup the entire  graphic and you can use Shift+ObjectSelect
in Illustrator to select common graphics objects within the main graphic.
Alternately, you can use Prolog and Epilog to render graphics in order, in
Mathematica, which should convert to EPS accordinly. But I have only tried
this once or twice and I think I came to the conclusion that it was more a
hassle than anything.

Yas