Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45411] Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?
  • From: Dr Bob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:17:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is related to an ongoing thread on computing Transpose (and other
functions) of MatrixForm objects. There should be a better answer, but
here's one in the meantime:

data = Array[{# + Random[], # - Random[]} &, {100}];
z = Regress[data, {1, x, x^2}, x, RegressionReport -> CovarianceMatrix]
X = CovarianceMatrix /. (z /. MatrixForm -> Identity)
X[[2, 2]]

This also works, but NOT when Ted Ersek's suggested fix for MatrixForm is
installed:

X = CovarianceMatrix /. z /. MatrixForm -> Identity

Bobby

news:<btb8oi$jp4$1 at smc.vnet.net>...