Re: Extracting Matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45410] Re: Extracting Matrix
  • From: drbob at bigfoot.com (Bobby R. Treat)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:17:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This is related to an ongoing thread on computing Transpose (and other
functions) of MatrixForm objects. There should be a better answer, but
here's one in the meantime:

data = Array[{# + Random[], # - Random[]} &, {100}];
z = Regress[data, {1, x, x^2}, x, RegressionReport ->
CovarianceMatrix]
X = CovarianceMatrix /. (z /. MatrixForm -> Identity)
X[[2, 2]]

It's strange that THIS doesn't work:

X = CovarianceMatrix /. z /. MatrixForm -> Identity

Bobby