Re: Whats the Edgeworth expansion of a random vector?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48558] Re: [mg48526] Whats the Edgeworth expansion of a random vector?
  • From: Oleksandr Pavlyk <pavlyk at phys.psu.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 07:18:58 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Fred,

My understanding is that Edgeworth expansion is the expansion
of the distribution not of a vector.

It is not clear to me how your question pertains to
Mathematica. Please refine your question.

You might wanna look at one of these books in the library

N. Johnson, S. Kotz and A. Kemp,
    "Continuous Univariate Distributions",
     2nd edition, Wiley & Sons (1994);

P. Hall, "The Bootstrap and the Edgeworth Expansion",
     Springer-Verlag (1992).

Regards,
Sasha