Re: exporting the values of evaluated functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48813] Re: [mg48773] exporting the values of evaluated functions
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <yat at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 04:07:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
Plot returns a graphics object and the closest you could get would be
to display the PostScript code producing the graphic.

DisplayString[Plot[x^2, {x, -1. , 1.}]].

Not very useful. I would use Table and then ListPlot if you want to see
the graph.

e.g.
t1 = Table[f[x], {x, start, end, incr}];
ListPlot[t1]

Cheers
Yas