Re: Printing Rotated Text from a Mac

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg48975] Re: Printing Rotated Text from a Mac
  • From: stagat at mrcsb.com (Bob Stagat)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:58:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Well, it looks like I get to answer my own question. I contacted
Wolfram and I got this nice response...

Hello Bob,

Thank you for the email. Many customers have complained about that,
with
Mathematica 5, text no longer rotates when printed.

The default value "Automatic" for the option GraphicsPrintingFormat
was
changed, which causes this problem.  The solution is to do the
following:

1) Go to the menu Mathematica > Preferences.
2) Choose "global" under the "Show option values for" menu
3) Go to Notebook Options > Printing Options > Printing Options >
GraphicsPrintingFormat
4) Choose "DownloadPostscript"

Now you should be able to print because it will use the printer's
postscript renderer to read the Mathematica graphs.

Also, make sure your *notebook* does not have a non-default value for
GraphicsPrintingFormat.  Choose "notebook" under "Show Options values
for "
menu, then go to Notebook Options > Printing Options > Printing
Options >
GraphicsPrintingFormat.  If it's using the default value, then there
should
not be a bullet point (square) next to GraphicsPrintingFormat.	 If
there
is, simply click on it to revert the options back to default.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Cheers!

Igor C. Antonio
Technical Support Engineer