Re: Appropriate codec for playing Mathematica generated .wav files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49060] Re: [mg49047] Appropriate codec for playing Mathematica generated .wav files
  • From: Don Taylor <dont at agora.rdrop.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 05:34:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004, DrBob wrote:
> Without definitions for f[t] and da, the code you posted is useless for
> troubleshooting your problem. Why include any code at all?
>
> Bobby
>
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 04:50:33 -0400 (EDT), Don Taylor <dont at agora.rdrop.com> wrote:
> > Someone asked me to generate a few sound files.  I used Mathematica 5.0.1.0
> > under WinXP.
> >
> > s = Play[f[t],{t,1,Floor[da/8]},SampleRate->22050,PlayRange->All]
> > Export["s.wav", s]

I'm a little puzzled, I didn't think I asked anyone to debug my code.

From my fairly careful reading of the documentation for Play and Export it
doesn't seem to say it makes any difference what I choose for a duration
to play or what function, or list of functions, I give it to generate the
waveform.

I gave the example I did to show that I wasn't using some strange
SampleRate of 11 and was just Exporting the result of Play.  The only
option I didn't list was the default 8 bit samples for sound.

If you really need the 17kbyte notebook, if it doesn't included the
evaluated function, 2.7mbytes if it does, building up all the
infrastructure for this 15 second waveform I suppose I can do that.
Or I suppose I can give you the megabyte wav file that won't play
outside Mathematica.

But all I had asked was what wav player and codec would play wav files
exported from Mathematica.