Playing multiple sounds in sequence

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46775] Playing multiple sounds in sequence
  • From: Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 01:33:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Entering
Table[Play[Sin[2*Pi*440*2^(i/12)*t], {t, 0, 1}], {i, 0, 12}]
plays a chromatic scale,
but some things are somewhat inconvenient.
13 graphics pop up and use a lot of screen estate.
Also, Mathematica starts playing the tones immediately
when they are rendered. Since renedring is faster than playing,
the first tone is cut off and the second tone starts playing too early.

I would like collapsed output, at most one graph,
and preferrably only in a ery small size so i till get the clickable
sound symbol in the outline region so I can play the whole scale
without rerendering.

How can this be done?