New Version of OO System

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47184] New Version of OO System
  • From: schmitther at t-online.de (Hermann Schmitt)
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 04:22:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
with this I want to announce, that I put a new version (version 1.3) of my
oo system onto my web site:
www.schmitther.de

The following features were added to the oo system:
- an easy way for invocating functions in packages from objects. The method
may also be used outside objects, if the oo system is loaded.
- a function clone[obj], which creates a new object from an existing object.
The new object has the same values as the original object.
- when creating a new object, a symbol "this" is defined, which contains the
object, which is created.