Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47211] Is there any productive way to use Mathematica + pdfLaTeX?
  • From: inacioglb at yahoo.com (Inacio Guerberoff)
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:57:20 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I use Mathematica 5.0 and would like to know if there is any easy and
fast way to include Mathematica plots in pdfLaTeX documents. The way I
know is to make a Export[graph,"file.pdf"] for example, and then
include in the tex file the following:

\includegraphics{file.pdf}

The problem is that the PDF generated by Mathematica is weird, because
the plot is on the bottom-left of the page, and the same thing happens
in the document. I think what would solve the problem would be a
function like PlotPDF[Plot[x^2,{x,0,2}],"file.pdf"]. This function
saves the plot in "file.pdf", but in a way that you can insert it
directly in a LaTeX document.

Anyone has tips on this task?

Thanks
Inacio Guerberoff