exporting animations to powerpoint

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47217] exporting animations to powerpoint
  • From: "Dennis de Lang" <lang.NO at science.uva.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:57:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

I am trying to export an animation created with Mathematica to Powerpoint.
If I export it as an animated GIF file, and subsequently import this file
into Powerpoint, I only see the first frame of the animation but not the
animation itself during the slide show.

Likewise, if I view the animation with another graphics viewer (Irfanview)
the frame rate seems to have been significantly increased compared to the
Mathematica animation, making me wonder if perhaps animated GIFS depend on
the CPU clock rate instead of real time...

Anyway, is it therefore possible to export Mathematica animations to other
formats, such as AVI or MPG, which are also easier to handle in programs
such as Powerpoint because of their easier start/stop options and their more
reliable (i.e. computer independent)  frame rate?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Dennis