Re: How to include images and graphics in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg51883] Re: [mg51808] How to include images and graphics in Mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:49:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Christopher,

One solution is to have a graphics generating Input cell but then close the
cell. The cell will show as a very narrow blank cell with a small bracket at
the right. The cell can still be evaluated and will produce the output
graphics, which will display as usual.

To open and close the cell use Menu/Cell/Cell Properties/Cell Open or select
the cell bracket on the right and use Alt C R C.

This is different than opening and closing groups. You can't do it by double
clicking the bracket.

Also use a ";" after the graphics code to eliminate the -Graphics- output.

You can, of course, do the same thing with Input cells that generate other
types of output.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Christopher Grinde [mailto:christopher.grinde at hive.no]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

How do one include graphics into mathematica without using Import[...]
and Show[]?
I've seen several Wolfram screendumps showing notebooks with images but no
input-line to insert the image.

The reason why I want this is to write design reports with images and math
in dosument with nice formatting.

Christopher Grinde