Re: Notebook output write to a different file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52002] Re: Notebook output write to a different file
  • From: sean_incali at yahoo.com (sean kim)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:03:17 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

<< Graphics`Graphics`

notebookwritequestionanswer = NotebookCreate[];

NotebookWrite[notebookwritequestionanswer,
    Cell[BoxData[ToBoxes[{"Plot[x], did you ask?" }]], "Output"]];
g = DisplayTogether[
      Table[Plot[Sin[x] + Random[], {x, 0, 2Pi},
          PlotStyle -> GrayLevel[0.8]], {5}], DisplayFunction -> Identity];

NotebookWrite[notebookwritequestionanswer,
    Cell[GraphicsData["PostScript", DisplayString[g] , "Graphics"]]];

does what you want