Re: Re: Notebook output write to a different file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52027] Re: [mg51972] Re: Notebook output write to a different file
  • From: Namrata Khemka <namrata.khemka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 01:04:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, Well I have done this, however here is the problem I ran into.

The following is the order I followed:
nb=NotebookOpen["test1.nb"]
SelectionMove [nb,All,Notebook]
SelectionEvaluate[nb]

nb1 = NotebookOpen["test2.nb"]
And then I write the output cells  from test1.nb into test2.nb.

However here is what it does:
It does open test1.nb and the kernel starts to process it. However
before the kernel finishes the Front-end opens test2.nb and starts to
write.
Since the kernel is not done processing, empty cells are written in test2.

And I thought there was some other way of doing it. Is there a way to
pause, until the kernel can finish its processing and then the front
end opens the test2.nb and start to write. Or any other way of solving
this??

Thanks a lot,
Namrata