help with mathlink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52279] help with mathlink
  • From: OT <montoz at katamail.com.invalid>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:42:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I'm trying to learn how to use mathlink, but I'm still unable tu run
the simplest example provided with Mathematica (addtwo).

I'm using Mathematica 4.1 and MS Visual C++ 6.0

Here's the problem: I added to MS Visual c++ "project" the following
files:
Source files:
- addtwo.c
- addtwo.tm.c
Headers files:
- mathlink.h
Resource files:
- ml32i2m.lib

I can compile both the 2 source files with 0 errors and 0 warnings,
but when I try to link them to build the output - executable file I
get the error:

----------Configuration: addtwo - Win32 Debug----------
Compiling...
addtwo.c
addtwo.tm.c
Linking...
LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main
Debug/addtwo.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

addtwo.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I really can't understand what's wrong... I'm only trying to follow
step-by-step the MathLink tutorial and it doesn't work... :(

--
OT