Exporting to gif and jpeg is tooooo slow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52271] Exporting to gif and jpeg is tooooo slow
  • From: Geronimo <kalymereauKILLSP at Myahoo.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:41:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Group

I have problems with the "Export" command to gif and jpeg formats.

For example

p = DensityPlot[x+y, {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1}, PlotPoints -> 30, Mesh -> False,
      ColorFunction -> Hue];

and then

Export["test.fmt", p, "fmt", ImageSize -> 400]

If fmt=pdf or eps, the result is instantaneous. With gif and jpeg, it never
ends. With lighter plots (produced by the Plot command) it works but it
takes a crazy amount of time.

For the same reason I cannot save a notebook in html.

I use Mathematica 4 under Linux and I have tried two different machines
(very different configurations: different distributions, different
networks...) with the same result.

Thanks for any suggestion.

--
La possibilité que le oui et le non, le bien et le mal, soient également
indifférents à Dieu ne peut être concevable pour des têtes faites comme les