Re: Exporting to gif and jpeg is tooooo slow

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52288] Re: [mg52271] Exporting to gif and jpeg is tooooo slow
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 07:23:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For what it's worth in your situation...

In Mathematica 5.1 under Windows XP, both the gif and jpeg formats save
essentially instantaneously, same as for pdf.  (The eps format takes
perhaps 3 seconds more.)  Saving the whole notebook that includes that
DensityPlot command along with several instances of the Export
expression is also essentially instantaneous.

The situation is the same with Mathematica 5.0.1 under Windows XP.

(For comparison purposes:  my computer has 2 GB RAM and a 3.2 GHz Intel
Pentium 4 XE.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305