Re: ColorFunctions again (making z=0 be different from z=1)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50512] Re: [mg50488] ColorFunctions again (making z=0 be different from z=1)
  • From: Bob Walker <walkerbg at ieee.org>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 05:15:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

For the first question, one possibility is the ColorFunction defined as:
 ColorFunction\[Rule](Hue[.62+.91#]&),
The .62 starts at blue (since I like to start with blue) and the .91
stops before it returns to full blue.  You still get all the colors in
between since Hue does a Mod 1 on its arg.

Or closer to the default:
ColorFunction\[Rule](Hue[91#]&),
which will start at red and not get all the way back to red.

For contour legends, I suggest you try the following
LabelContour.m, which is available on MathSource, is writen by Tom
Wickham-Jones and is discussed in his excellent book: Mathematica
Graphics.  Note that the book is written for Mathematica 3 so there are some
differences.  The package on MathSource has been updated for Mathematica 4 (and 5).

Good luck
Bob Walker