Re: Can anyone please help with this mathematica code

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg56147] Re: Can anyone please help with this mathematica code
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 03:53:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"Tony King" <mathstutoring at ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:d3nvbb$bf4$1 at smc.vnet.net...
>I am looking for a function f[k,n] that will return the k-ary divisors of n
>
> For example,
>
> f[0,n] would return the divisors of n
>
> f[1,n] would return the unitary divisors of n
>
> f[2,n] would return the 2-ary divisors of n
>
> f[3,n] would return the 3-ary divisors of n
>
> And so on
>
> Many thanks
>
> Tony

Providing a definition of k-ary divisors would have been helpful. At any
rate, I believe the following function does what you are looking for.

f[0, n_] := Divisors[n]
f[k_, n_] := Module[{},
 div = Divisors[n];
 maxgcdpower = Max /@ FactorInteger[GCD[div, n/div]][[All,All,2]];
 div[[Flatten[Position[maxgcdpower, a_ /; a < k, 1]]]]
]

Carl Woll